The highly trained staff at Susquehanna Trail Animal Hospital utilizes each appointment to help inform our clients as to the best way to care for their pets—our patients.
Our Wellness Care consists of:
- Puppy and kitten care
- Yearly wellness examinations
- Bi-annual senior wellness examinations and bloodwork
- Routine vaccination tailored to each individual pet
- Nutrition and weight consultation
- Arthritis prevention and management
- Allergy management and skin/coat health
- Parasite detection, prevention, and treatment
- Disease prevention
Our recommendations include annual wellness examinations for our younger patients, and examinations every 6 months once they reach the age of 7 years old. It is well known that our animal companions physically age at a faster rate than their human counterpart. This is why it is important to thoroughly examine them for early signs of disease. The general rule of thumb is that animals age 7 years for every calendar year, so it is very important to look for subtle changes in early stages of disease.